Newsletter March 1, 2003 Vol. 17, No. 1 [p. 2]
Live-in Volunteer opportunity
Would you like to live in Community for a time? Share in the day to day ministry of The Dwelling Place?
Join us for a week, two weeks, or a month. Phone or write for information about becoming a Dwelling Place volunteer.
We have inaugurated a Scholarship Fund that will provide moneys for assistance to the needy. If you would like to make an offering to this fund, know that it will be used to provide an opportunity for someone who otherwise would be unable to come. Your charity would, in a very real way, be touching many people's lives.
Many thanks to ---
Joe Haftek [center] and Annunciation K C volunteers
- our friend, Chris Rice, for including The Dwelling Place in his latest book GRACE MATTERS: A True Story of Race, Friendship and Faith in the Heart of the South published by Jossey-Bass. Besides being a very inspirational book, we appreciate the loving and free publicity;
- the N D Rupp Foundation for their generous grant of $700 to assist us in our ministry here;
- Elsie Alexander for her fundraising efforts for us through the sale of her handmade Christmas jewelry;
- Deb Sample for lending her time and expertise to us in improving our library;
- all the women who have sent in meals and entrees;
- Vernard Jones and his clients from The Pines for coming and offering to help with the yardwork and to spend time in prayer;
- all who have assisted with their special Christmas donations;
- all who have donated money to create our meditation areas and purchase the gazebo. Maybe by the next newsletter- after the rains- they will be a reality/
And a special thanks to Joe Haftek and the 10 men from Annunciation Knights of Columbus, two of whom are pictured above, that he organized to transplant crepe myrtle for our meditation areas February 1. They worked hard and certainly did not spend their day leaning on their shovels. God bless you all. See you March 8 !!