Newsletter December 1, 2002 Vol. 16, No. 4 [p. 2]
Dwelling Place Community Update
"Come and See" for yourself. Join us for our Community weekend, February 14-16. Join in our fellowship and prayer. Catch the Spirit of The Dwelling Place.
We continue to extend invitations to all interested Christians who:
- desire to share in the ministry of The Dwelling Place;
- wish to deepen their own spiritual life;
- desire to mutually support one another in their shared search.
Contact Clare Van Lent if you are interested in more information, 662-738-5348.
Live-in Volunteer opportunity
Would you like to live in community for a time? Share in the day to day ministry of The Dwelling Place?
Join us for a week, two weeks, or a month. Phone or write for information about being a Dwelling Place volunteer.
As in any home or business, occasionally our needs for small and large items overwhelm us as many of our machines have "bit the dust" because of age and use. If anyone could help us with any of these items, new or used, we would be most grateful.
- push lawn mower
- copier paper
- volunteers to send in meals on occasion
- electric hedge trimmer
- weed eater
- small/mid-sized chain saw
Mary and Delores Horrell
Chris Morrow would not recognize the Blessed Mother statue that she gave us after Mary and her sister, Delores Horrell, gave her a major refurbishing.
Beware! Relatives are put to work when they come to visit :)
The statue now has a prominent place overlooking the pond. Come see our Blue Mary as you relax in the glider!
Many Thanks to---
Volunteers from St. Joseph, Starkville
- students and parents from St. Joseph, Starkville on November 2 for coming to rake and clean up the yards. Now tell me, can you find the parents on this picture?? They all look like teenagers;
- John Defillipo and Mark Huerkamp for resealing the roof on the administration building in September;
- Gene and Helen Grabbe, Clara Hicks, and Mary Ann Dee who have provided the food service for some of our retreats;
- the clients from The Pines who have helped spruce up our yards on three occasions;
- those who answered our pleas for needed equipment-- Jean Haspeslagh for the stereo system and Jennifer Tompkins for the printer for our aging Mac;
- Vicki Neuman, the Lifestyles editor for the Commercial Dispatch, for the great feature article she wrote on The Dwelling Place October 20;
- those who came to our open house October 20, even in the midst of the rain;
- all our Dwelling Place Partners who by faithful planned giving, continue to believe in our ministry here and help make it possible;
- John Valente, Tom Abel, and all leaders of groups and individual pray-ers who have come to experience God's presence in the quiet and peace at The Dwelling Place.